Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default mailmerge labels line spacing

As far as I know the spacing in the labels is derived from the spacing of
the Normal paragraph style in the template from which the user originally
created the document - i.e., typically but not necessarily, normal.dotm.

So ways you could consider changing this include:
a. get the users to change the default spacing of the Normal style in their
normal.dotm template
b. create and distribute a new template with a Normal paragraph style that
has the spacing you/they want: users would have to select that template as
the starting point for their label merge
c. get the users to save the label layouts they use most, with the
line/paragraph spacing they want, either as templates to be used in the
usual way, or as .dotx files to be opened and "saved as" as necessary.
Either way, I would not save these files with the data source attached, or
the users will instead spend their time trying to deal with data sources
that no longer exist.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"jsloan1223" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know how to make word 2007 sp1 default to SINGLE SPACING
(with no extra spacing of any kind) on mailmerge labels?

Everytime I try a new labels mailmerge, it adds extra space between the
lines. I have 40 users who do not appreciate having to change the style
every
time they create labels. I have actually been asked this question twice
before lunch today.