Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Julia Julia is offline

Default Continuous break changing to Page Break- NO FOOTNOTES

Hello all- sorry for the long-winded explanation!

I am formatting a document (a legal pleading) for a client that is going
to be populated via mail merge from a third party program. The way the
program works is we use a Word macro to call a "standard" document which only
contains an "INCLUDETEXT" statement. The "INCLUDETEXT" contains one merge
code. The merge code contains a variable gets populated with the name of a
specific document to be merged (passed to it from the 3rd party program). The
"INCLUDETEXT" inserts the requested document into the standard doc and the
macro merges that document with the data from a source document. Confused
yet? ;-) This approach allows us to use one macro to merge any number of
different documents.

The issue is this: the pleading I am working on is one column at the top,
then a section (created with a continuous break) containing two columns, a
column break to force specific data to be at the top of the right-hand
column, then another continuous break that takes the document back to one
column.

It looks like this:

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx

xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx

My source document looks great. A manual merge from Word looks OK. However,
when the merge is run via the macro the second continuous section break is
mysteriously converted to a "section break (next page)". I have searched this
site for the answer to this one with no luck. The doc does not contain
footnotes, so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Any suggestions?

TIA-
Julia