Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul13 paul13 is offline

Default manipulating numbers in a numbered outline

Is there any way to change the number of a single member of a numbered list?

I am using numbered lists to number a set of examples, but when I refer back
to one in an example I don't want to mess with the numbering. I am trying to
ge a list to look like this

1. blah
2. foo
3. bar
2. foo
4. lol
5. other
6. more
etc...

Is there a way to do this?

Is there a way to use cross-reference or paste special so that the number of
the second "2.foo" is associated with the first "2.foo", and if the numbering
changes, or the text changes, the second will automatically change?
i.e. if the list changes to
1. blah
2. blah blah
3. foo foo
4. bar
(this one will automatically change to 3. foo foo if I only change the first?)

Thanks,

Paul O