Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl

Default Numbering Style System Problem

Hello,

I have a weird problem with my word xp document.

I have 3 Numbering Styles:

one is called "NumberFirst"
one is called "NumberMiddle"
one is called "NumberLast"

I usually use it this way:
The first paragraph where I use a number uses the style "NumberFirst"
The following paragraphes until the last use "NumberMiddle"
The last paragraph of that list uses "NumberLast"

It looks like this:
this is the normal text

1. test test tes ["NumberFirst" style]
2. test test test ["NumberMiddle" style]
3. test test test ["NumberMiddle" style]
4. test test tes ["NumberMiddle" style]
5. test test test ["NumberLast" style]

this is the normal text.

So far so good.

Now comes the problem. A little later in the document I apply the style
again and now the numbering thinks it should start with

2. test test tes ["NumberFirst" style]
5. test test test ["NumberMiddle" style]
6. test test test ["NumberMiddle" style]
7. test test tes ["NumberMiddle" style]
6. test test test ["NumberLast" style]

etc. When I click on the paragraph formating under numbering it does not
make sense.

How can I make this work so that it always starts at 1 and not thinks it is
following the same style/numbering in a different section.

Thanks so much.

Octavee