Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default removing vertical lines

A third possibility (often overlooked) is a Page Border on a single side.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
The lines could be graphics anchored to the header or footer. Click
View | Header and Footer to activate the header/footer area. If you
can select the lines now, press Delete to get rid of them.

Alternatively, what you are seeing could be caused by track changes.
For instructions on turning it off, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.
If you need assistance with the Reviewing toolbar, see

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngToolbar.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bewildered in Virginia" wrote in message
I received a Word 2000 document that contains vertical lines at the

left
margin. It appears to be part of the document formatting, as it runs
throughout the document in particular formatted sections. I want to

remove
them, but cannot. I tried selecting none in the Format/Borders

dialog, but
that did not work. What is causing this and how do I remove them?