Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default how do you append one table to another in Word 2003

The best workaround I've found for this is to remove the return of course.
Then hold down the ALT key as you use the mouse to drag the column borders
into alignment. The alt key removes the snap-to feature.

"Ed" wrote:

Wrapping was off (by chance) and I had turned off heading rows all around,
suspecting that it might be a problem.

So, there is a problem and a workaround. But, my wife tells me that she's
moving to 2003, so I might be back in the market for a more general fix. ...
;-)

Ed

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I have experienced this, too, so I can attest that you're not making it up.
Just to be on the safe side, though, make absolutely sure that wrapping on
all the tables is set to "None" and that you have no rows selected as
heading rows in the tables after the first.