Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Word Changes Indents by 0.01"

In article 031fcdb1-001c-4ffd-b91b-bfc1d5b8a864
@z70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, says...
I'm trying to set up some standard styles within word and the
following is happening.

Let's say I have Heading Style 1 set to Indent 0.5"

I then set Heading style 2 to be based on Heading Style 1.

Sometimes I'll notice that Heading style 2's indent has been changed
to 0.49." Even when I try and force it to 0.5", it will revert back
to 0.49"

I've noticed similar things in my TOC styles where the preceding style
is set with a Tab stop at 6.25 with Leader. The next style is changed
to 6.26"

It seems to pretty random when this occurs.

Any ideas?

When you say the indent changes, do you mean that you can see it in the
document? Or, is it just that the value shows up in a dialog box? I
don't think that I could see 1/100 inch difference. If you can't see the
difference, perhaps it's better to ignore it and chalk it up as another
of Word's weirdnesses.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers