Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Remove seconds from 'time' field in Excel/Word merge document?

In word, press Alt-F9 to reveal the underlying field code, e.g.

{ MERGEFIELD mytimefield }

and type a "date/time formatting switch" so it looks like the following:

{ MERGEFIELD mytimefield \@hh:mm }

If you see \*Mergeformat, delete it

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Rosemary Spencer" Rosemary wrote in
message ...
In Office 2003 SP3, my Word memo includes a 'time' field merged with an
Excel
data source and I'm trying to find a way of removing the seconds that
appear
in the Word document field, ie 10:00:00. The Excel 'time' is displayed as
10:00.