Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

Default Did you know?

You may *think* it's been moved, but it will stay here, also.

"Pecoflyer" wrote in message
:
: 'Tom [Pepper Wrote:
: Willett;220859']Welcome to the computer age. If you don't want MS to
: make them dunces, stop
: your kids from using computers, and take them out of the public school
: system, spend time with them and fix the problem...of which you are
: part of.
:
: "VS in Atlanta" wrote in
: message
: ...
: : Did you know?
: : When you want to type characters that are not on the keyboard, Word
: has a
: : function called 'insert symbols.' Guess what? I looked for a simple
: division
: : sign. You would expect to find it under 'mathematical operators?'
: Think
: : again. The only division sign you will find is the slash. So when my
: kids
: : grow up and see a division sign, they will not know what it is. For
: that
: : matter there is no multiplication sign either. Once again, my kids
: will
: only
: : associate the star with a multiplication sign. Why, why, why are we
: letting
: : Microsoft make our kids dunces? They charge an arm and a leg for
: software
: : and what do you get in return? English that would make our English
: speaking
: : ancestors turn in their graves?
:
: Thread moved to general discussion forum
:
:
: --
: Pecoflyer
:
: Cheers -
: *'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
: upload -faster and better answers
:
: *Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
: Pecoflyer's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
: View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=60801
: