Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default help on design mode 'whole document' properties -

The fix for the issue you are describing is to *not* use ActiveX controls,
as these will trigger macro security settings which force the document to
open in Design mode.

Instead, create your document with form fields (alternatively, in Word 2007,
you can make use of content controls). See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Moriarty23" wrote in message
I've used a few active x controls (option (radio) buttons and check
boxes),
as I'm sending a questionaire. I want to 'lock' the thing so only the
boxes
and buttons can be manipulated, I also want the document to open without
any
toolbars etc, no matter how the user opens it. all I want is for them to
be
able to save the thing to send back to us. In design view (from control
toolbar) clicking on 'properties' for the whole document brings up a host
of
options.

for instance, the first property is 'autoformatoverride' and is set to
'false'. What exactly are these properties? There seems to be no help
online!!!