Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Karen Karen is offline

Default text in a table misbehaving

converting to text & back to table didn't work - text still looks heavy if
the contents of each cell in the row goes beyond 2 lines, w/ last line normal
weight. WIERD.
At this point I'm just reallyl curious as to what's going on - as I
mentioned, this behaviour isn't affecting how the table prints, it's just
bothersome.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I'd try converting the table to text, and then convert it back to a table.
This *might* be a case of table corruption.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
yeah, tried that - no go.

this behaviour is not preventing the document from printing properly, it's
just ANNOYING.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I'm not sure what has happened, but you may want to try the following:
Select the relevant cells. Right-click and choose Table Properties from
the
context menu. On the Cell tab, click Options. Select "Wrap text" and
clear
"Fit text." Click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Karen" wrote in message
I'm editing a table in Word.
One of the rows in the table behaves oddly, and I haven't been able to
determine why:
if the text in this row DOES NOT have to wrap within its cell (go to a
second line), it is regular weight. If the text has to wrap or a
'return'
is
used to go to a second line, the text becomes bold (but doesn't print
bold).
However, the last line in any cell in this row that wraps (or has a
'return')
is still normal weight.
I've tried crtl-shft-F9 to convert to text, thinking it was a field -
no
use
I've tried to find how this text is formatted differently, but nothing
appears amiss.
I've tried to find properties of the table that are unusual, but have
not.