Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SamLowry SamLowry is offline

Default how do you append one table to another in Word 2003

I just found what seems to be another work-around. I'm using Word 2003, but
I am able to open docx files. So I saved a troublesome (some tables failing
to combine) file as docx, closed it, and reopened it. It's a large file so
I'm not sure what happened on other pages, but the two tables I was trying to
combine are now one table.

The methods others posted weren't working for me. Trying to move data from
one table into another resulted in an "oil and water" situation -- I actually
was just causing more separate tables to exist. The way I'm determining
whether tables are separate or combined, is Table, Select Table.

To attempt to describe further: There is currently no grid set to print, and
when Gridlines are set to visible, it is easy to see exactly where these
tables are failing to combine -- that gridline looks perhaps twice the
thickness on screen.