Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SamLowry SamLowry is offline

Default how do you append one table to another in Word 2003

My previous post didn't appear, so I'll try again.

I've noticed this same problem, where some tables simply won't join
together, and it happened again yesterday. When rows from the second table
are placed into the table above it, they act like "oil and water" and refuse
to act as the same table. I confirm this by using Table, Select Table.

The methods posted above on this topic weren't any help to me.

In an attempt to describe what I'm seeing -- in these tables there are no
Gridlines set to print. So when I have Gridlines set to visible, I can
fairly easily see the "gaps" between these misbehaving tables -- the
horizontal grid at that point looks approx. double thickness.

A workaround I found yesterday -- my Word 2003 has been upgraded to be able
to open docx files -- was to save a file as docx, then close and open it (I
don't even know if that step was necessary). The below table had changed
width which wasn't exactly ideal, but now it was part of the table above. In
the past sometimes I've solved problems with files by saving them as Word
6.0, but that often causes its own issues with complex tables.