skypilotpete skypilotpete is offline
Junior Member

As far as I can tell, Microsoft Works 9 does not include Word as part of the package, trial or otherwise. It has its own Works word processing software. Your trial version of Works will not give you access to Word. It sounds as if your computer has a locked version of Word on it, which you will have to pay for if you want to get any access to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
I would be surprised if any system nowadays came with a Works trial; more
likely it is an Office 2007 trial (and if it *is* Works, then you're in the
wrong discussion group). If the computer is quite new, then you are getting
the message because you haven't activated the trial. If you've been using it
a while, then the trial has probably expired.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stephanie Haiko" Stephanie wrote in
message ...
I have an Asus Eee PC netbook which came with a Microsoft Works 2007 trial.
I'm unable to type anything on a Word document. An error message flashes
briefly at the bottom of the screen, "This modification is not allowed
because the selection is locked." I'm baffled. Is this a computer
problem
or a Works problem and how can this be fixed? Thank you.