Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

Default WhyRecipients of my email attach cant open word documents anymor?

"Claude" wrote in message
I just switched to windows 7 as well as trial word 2007. Recipients of my
email attachments cannot open word documents anymore. I get feedback like:
This is a cold fusion markup file. Please forward in Word, Wordpad or copy
and paste into the body of the email.

Office 2007 uses a new form of Office document type by default, OOXML. Prior
versions of Office can't read this type of document natively.
You have two options:
1. Do a "Save As" and choose 97-2003 document format (or set Office 2007 to
use the old formats by default. Do Office Button-Word Options-Save)
2. Get your recipients to install the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack. (This
has the added advantage of giving them all the new fonts that are in 2007)