Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Templates behaving badly

I have to fess up that I wrote an add-in, and I don't guarantee it's perfect,
but it has not been active (that is, an "X" in the checkbox) for quite a
while, well before the problems I've described. Can even an inactive add-in
cause trouble? The only add-in that's active is rhd.dot.

But concerning my hotkey assignments, the macros are in my Normal.dot.
There's a box that says "Save changes in", but it doesn't let me specify
where the macros actually are, and for some reason the system isn't looking
for them in Normal.dot (at least this is what the message seems to indicate).
I gather that TEMPLATEPROJECT implies the system was looking for the macro in
the current document. I don't see how to correct this.

Stefan Blom wrote:
I believe this supports my initial suspicion that the issues are being caused by an add-in. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...sInstalled.htm.

Thanks. I did seem to get an improvement when I worked directly on the
template (though I'm not sure the trouble is really gone-- it has a way of

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
and goes to centered. Can a whole template inherit from another whole
template? Or maybe is there a poltergeist originating in Redmond?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN