Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Templates behaving badly

Stefan-- Not sure what you mean; the macros are indeed in Normal.dot, viewed
in the VBA editor or the macro dialog. And when I'm assigning hotkeys, the
macros are listed but the assignment doesn't work.

I looked in the Startup folder, plus all the locations in ToolsOptionsFile
Locations, and rhd.dot wasn't in them. It's kind of a company requirement so
the system might be getting it from the network. (I think that issue is above
my pay grade.)

Stefan Blom wrote:
Inactive add-ins shouldn't cause trouble, no. Have you tried moving rhd.dot out
of the Startup folder? If so, did it make a difference?

As far as the macros are concerned, see if you can locate them in the Macros
dialog (Alt+F8) or in the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11).

I have to fess up that I wrote an add-in, and I don't guarantee it's perfect,
but it has not been active (that is, an "X" in the checkbox) for quite a

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
and goes to centered. Can a whole template inherit from another whole
template? Or maybe is there a poltergeist originating in Redmond?

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN