WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Remove seconds from 'time' field in Excel/Word merge document?

To remove the seconds from the 'time' field in your Word memo, you can use the following steps:
  1. Open your Word memo document and navigate to the 'time' field that is merged with the Excel data source.
  2. Right-click on the 'time' field and select 'Toggle Field Codes' from the context menu. This will display the field code for the 'time' field.
  3. Edit the field code to remove the seconds from the 'time' format. For example, if the field code is {MERGEFIELD Time}, change it to {MERGEFIELD Time \@ "h:mm"} to display the time in hours and minutes only.
  4. Press 'Alt+F9' to toggle back to the merged view and see the updated 'time' field without seconds.
  5. Save your Word memo document and test the merge with the Excel data source to ensure that the 'time' field is displaying correctly.

By following these steps, you should be able to remove the seconds from the 'time' field in your Word memo document that is merged with an Excel data source.