Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben Ben is offline

Default Vectors in equation editor

I'm using word 2007

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

Well you left out a critical piece of information -- what version of
Word are you using? I can't speak for the OMML equation editor (that's
the new one in Word 2007), but this type of notation is not possible
with Microsoft Equation 3.0 except with a work-around (that's the
equation editor that's been around since Word 2.0). Microsoft Equation
3.0 is still available in Word 2007 (Insert Object), if you want to
look through the palettes to see what's there.

You're wondering about MathType. With MathType, you can definitely put
a tilde very easily beneath a single character with an
"embellishment". Embellishments are in the third palette from the left
on the top row, and are applied to the character immediately to the
left of the insertion point (i.e., the cursor).

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, WebEQ, Equation Editor

On 27-Mar-2009, Ben wrote:

I'm doing maths at uni and we have to type out our equations, which
i thought would be fine. The only problem is that we are doing
vectors
and the symbol for vectors is a letter with a tilde (~) placed
underneath
it. In the old equation editor you used to be able to do this, but I
can't
find it anywhere. Is there a way to do it in the current equation
editor or
will I have to get MathType or something similar?