Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Default Inserting section breaks - impossible

If you insert a continuous section break, the headers and footers of
the previous section are used on the page where the break occurs.
However, there is a way around this. After you've inserted the break,
you can place the following field construction in the footer:

{ IF { PAGE } = { SECTIONPAGES } "True contents here" "False contents
here" }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, press CTRL+F9. Then type the
instructions as shown. Press F9 to update the display.

To display/hide all field codes, use ALT+F9 as a toggle.

To update fields, you can switch to Print Preview.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Diet Rich" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a 4-page word document with a table, stretching throughout

the
document, ending in the top portion of Page 4.

Is it possible to insert a continuous section break on Page 4 so

that
the header on Page 4 is the same as in the whole document but the
footer on Page 4 is different?

As I've mentioned, the table, stretching throughout the document is
ending on Page 4. I'm trying to insert a continuos section break

after
the table. But section 2 is started on the next page only.

It's infuriating.... I just want the footer on the last page to be
different from the footers in the rest of the document. Is it

possible?

Thanks!