Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge field into a continuous paragraph

I am not aware of any problem with a Directory type mail merge on a Tablet
PC.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ACK" wrote in message
You don't need the Next Record with a directory type mail merge. As
Peter points out, all you need in the mail merge main document is:
Name ? ΒΆ

Hi Doug. When I tried this approach, the merge stopped after a single
line.
Something like this...

Name 1 — Name 2 — Name 3 — Na

I wonder if this could have anythign to do with the known Merge bug that
exists on a Tablet PC?

Anyway, the EditReplace ^p with — worked fine enough for me.

Thanks!

Click on the Show/Hide button (ΒΆ) to make sure that you have nothing else
in
the document.

--
Hope this helps

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid, professional basis.

"ACK" wrote in message
I sort of found a way to make this work...

I did used the directory option and then merged my field into a single
column with a line break like this:

Name ?
Next Record

Then merged to a new document. Then, used Find/Replace to replace all
of
the
line breaks with a space instead.

"ACK" wrote:

How can I merge a field into a continuous paragraph using Office 2007?
have
a spreadsheet with a list of names in Column A. I would like my merge
flow
as a single paragraph on 8.5" x 11" sheet that automatically continues
onto
the next line. Listing the data in columns is not a viable option for
me
in
this case. Basically, I want something that looks like this:

Name 1 ? Name 2 ? Name 3 ? Name 4 ? Name 5
Name 6 ? Name 7 ? Name 8 ? Name 9 ? Name 10
...etc

Thanks!

.