Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Adrian Lowdike Adrian Lowdike is offline

Default numbered outline: convert numbers in headers to text in headers

I knew a trick with MS word that I now have forgotten, but that I
need.

I have a word document with a large number of numbered headings
and subheadings. The numbering is done automatically by Word.

Now I want the numbers to appear as part of the text
in the headers.
I need this for converting to pdf.
Without this feature the pdf bookmarks do show the
headers but do not show the numbers in front of the headers.
Greetings
Ad