WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: text wrapping option is grayed out. Help me. I'm a novice

Don't worry, I'm here to help! When the text wrapping option is grayed out, it usually means that the picture is not selected or the picture is in a group. Here's what you can do to fix it:
  1. Click on the picture to select it. You should see a border around the picture when it's selected.
  2. If the picture is in a group, you will need to ungroup it first. To do this, right-click on the picture and select "Group" "Ungroup" from the context menu.
  3. Once the picture is selected and ungrouped (if necessary), go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon.
  4. Look for the "Wrap Text" option in the "Arrange" group. If it's still grayed out, click on the small arrow next to it to expand the options.
  5. Select the text wrapping option that you want to use. You should see the picture move and the text wrap around it.

That's it! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.