Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Is there a way I can get micro-word Less expensive?

The standalone version of Word is not good value for money. The cheapest way
to get Word is by purchasing Microsoft Works Suite which includes Word -
though it is Word XP and not one of the newer versions.

However, for good value for money, look at Office 2003 Students and Teachers
version. This is a bargain as it includes the important apps from the Office
Suite and you can install it on up to four computers/Laptops in your home.
You can find this version on line in places like Amazon or eBay at a good
prices. I would not recommend buying it pre-used. though.

I would also not recommend the Office 2007 Home and Students suite either
because it excludes Outlook - which in my opinion is the key app in the
suite.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

PS And a few people will recommend Open Office which is free, so it has to
be a bargain.