Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Is there a way I can get micro-word Less expensive?

Although googling for "Works Suite" will turn up various versions available
from retailers, it would appear from
http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/default.mspx that there isn't a
new/current version available from MS. This probably reflects the fact that
the most recent version (2006, I think) had Word 2002, and there was no
prospect of getting a later version of Word to include.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
The standalone version of Word is not good value for money. The cheapest
way to get Word is by purchasing Microsoft Works Suite which includes
Word - though it is Word XP and not one of the newer versions.

However, for good value for money, look at Office 2003 Students and
Teachers version. This is a bargain as it includes the important apps from
the Office Suite and you can install it on up to four computers/Laptops in
your home. You can find this version on line in places like Amazon or eBay
at a good prices. I would not recommend buying it pre-used. though.

I would also not recommend the Office 2007 Home and Students suite either
because it excludes Outlook - which in my opinion is the key app in the
suite.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

PS And a few people will recommend Open Office which is free, so it has to
be a bargain.