Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

Default Filename in Footer - update automatically?

Switch to Print Preview and then back to Print Layout View.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"SteveK" wrote in message
:I have placed a FileName field in the footer of a template file. When I
: start a document it gives it the name document1 (or document2) but when I
do
: a Save and give the file a name the Filename field in the footer doesn't
get
: updated with the new name. To update the filename in the footer's field I
: have to View Header and Footer select the footer select the text n
the
: Filename field and right click and then Update Field. Isn't there a
: way for this to happen automatically?
:
: Thanks,
: SteveK