Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SlickRCBD SlickRCBD is offline

Default Customizing Word97 - Get rid of "Microsoft Word - " on theTaskabar

I assume Aero Peek requires Vista? I have Word 2003 installed on my
Vista computer and it displays things fine. The problem is that I'm
using that to display online sources while I type. I figured i could
use my old computer to simulate having dual monitors and use good old
Word 97. The problem is that my second newest WORKING computer is
using Windows 98SE. Somehow I don't think Aero is an option and I see
no benefit to installing 97 in addition to 2003. Nor can I install
2003 on the Win98SE computer.

On Mar 2, 1:38 pm, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
Unfortunately, that was a common complaint about the earlier version of Word
and OSs. It isn't until you get to later versions of Office and OSs that we
finally rid the idiotic Microsoft blah blah blah... and just get the Word
icon. Then Aero Peek provides a proper popup showing the documents open.