charleykay

Default Can I anchor a table?

I am trying to paste tables created in another Word
document into a report. After doing that,weird things
happen if I move forward in the document to insert other
text or graphics. The table may jump to a a paragraph,
or page beyond where I first inserted it, or do that, and
break into 2 or 3 parts. How do I get these tables to
remain where I inserted them? After a lot of digging, I
see a way to anchor graphics, but it does not work on
tables. I think Wordperfect handled this placing of
objects and graphics a lot better than Word. A little
help here? I'm running MSXP Home, and Word in Office XP
Standard.