Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Sigel Karen Sigel is offline

Default Paragraph alignment bass-ackwards

Sorry, I forgot to say, I'm working in Word 2003 and he created it in Word
2002.

"Karen Sigel" wrote:

A co-worker just sent me a document he's having trouble formatting. If he
sets the paragraph alignment to "left," it aligns right. If he sets it to
"right," goes left. Add to that, when I show the formatting, the paragraph
markers are all on the wrong side - i.e., the left margin.

We also can't place the insertion point (cursor) in certain places in the
document. I can use the arrow keys to get where I want to go, but parts of
some of the lines won't let me use the mouse to click in them.

My first thought was that there was something going on that makes the doc
think it's supposed to read from right to left, but I can't find any settings
to change regarding that.

Help!

Karen