Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Turn off Automatically Update Style

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

"Waldy" wrote in message
Hi there,
every time I make a change to a section of text in Word, it
changes all the text in the entire document. I then have to click Undo
Automatically Update Style to get what I actually wanted. How do I stop
this, because it's driving me mad. I've turned everything off on the

Format
/ AutoFormat / Options dialog, but it makes no difference.