Petter Hære

Hi!

Couldn't get this to work...it still converts the .doc-file to htm (through
"save as web page"), but the links are the same...isn't Alt+F9 just for
viewing hyperlinks differently? It doesn't change anything, does it?

-Petter Hære

"Word Heretic" wrote in message
G'day "Petter Hære" ,

Sure is - ASSUME.

Alt+F9, replace all .doc with .htm

Alt+F9. All your links are 'broken' until you convert through.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Petter Hære reckoned:

Hi!

I have a whole bunch of .doc-files that are linked together through
hyperlinks. The files are organized so that there is a main document in

the
root directory and then there are several documents in other folders.

When I move all the files/folders from let us say F:\ to E:\ the

hyperlinks
change accordingly making clicking in word (Ctrl + click) work.

Now...what I would like to do...is take all those files and convert them

a working file that can be viewed on a PDA using the iSilo program, and

it
is essential that these links work.

I am kinda new to the whole iSilo-thing but I figured that the procedure
should go something like this: 1) convert word-files to html-files 2)
convert html-files to iSilo-files using iSiloX.

I seriously have problems with step one. If I convert one of the

..doc-files
to a html-file, it is viewable in Internet Explorer but the hyperlinks

still
points to a .doc-file on my drive, not the soon-to-be html-file. So the
result is acctually many html-files with invalid links.

As written earlier in this text, I pointed out that when moving the

files,
the hyperlinks change accordingly. I would like a solution that changes

the
hyperlinks automatically. So...is there a program/way/tool/trick to make
several .doc-files, with links in between these, into html-files that has
working links?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Petter Hære, Norway

PS. I understand that editing these links manually is one solution, but

this
is not desireable as there must be several hundred of those links.