Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Combine Word Docs Into One

Insert a section break before each inserted document, and reset the page
numbering for that section.

A simpler approach to the whole task is to convert each document to PDF,
then combine the PDFs -- that way you don't have any problems with page
numbering, and you wouldn't have to go through the Styles rigmarole either.

"Derek Hart" wrote in message
I need to convert many Word docs into one. I have been working with styles
to get all the styles consistent. Everything works except when a Word doc
has page numbering. I cannot figure out how to section it off properly so
each document's page numbering stays intact. I am going to build these docs
in VBA, but I need to be able to create it first by hand, using section
breaks. Any ideas?

Derek