Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stacie999[_2_] Stacie999[_2_] is offline

Default Table of Dang Contents

I'm trying to set up a TOC. Have all the Heading styles correct. I do
not want chapter numbers to show up in the TOC, i.e., (1-Chapter One) I
don't want the numerical number there. What I want is for the TOC to
show the Capter and page number. i.e, 1-2, 2-4, etc.

I blanked out the number on my Outline Numbered list, I made it white.
That works fine so that I don't get 1 - Chapter One. But I can't seem
to get the Footers to cooperate and do the 1-2, 1-3, etc. It says
"There is no chapter number to include in the caption or page number.
To apply chapter nunmbers use the Bullets and Numbering command on the
format menu and select a multileveled list style that is linked to the
Heading styles:.

I've done all that and it still won't work.

I'm using Word 2003 on Windows XP.

Thanks for any helpI can get to figure this out....

--
Stacie999