Word Heretic

G'day "Dr Eddy Parkinson" Dr Eddy
,

Thoroughly agree on the usefulness of such a feature, it is not
automatically supported. Any automated solution will have to be
tailored to the way you do definitions.

For example, I prefer to stick all such definitions up front in a
Glossary - removes the whole tediousness of locating previous
instances.

Never-the-less, the basic guts of it relies on writing macros. In this
case, some quite tricky ones. I would consider such a project
commercially if required, but an other option is to read the FAQs and
VBA tutorials at word.mvps.org then asking on the VBA newsgroups for
specific help with snippets

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

"Dr Eddy Parkinson" Dr Eddy

reckoned:

I would like MS word to auto check that abbreviations are defined before they
are used in the text.
e.g. Microsoft (MS) or MS (Microsoft)
should exist before MS is used on it's own in the text.

I would like the option to turn this on/off using the "Grammar & style"
options
that exist in MS word.

Eddy.