Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Footer/Header to appear only when there is a second page

I have met your customers; in my experience they are never quite as stupid
as those who blame them for their own incompetence. Pandering to your own
shortcomings won't make life easier for your readers.

If you don't know what a section break is, try "Word for Dummies".

"Kamitsukenu" wrote in message
Thank you for your reply,

You haven't met some of our customers! They're still surprised when we
have
extra tabs in excel spreadsheets containing "more information".

I take your point, but I am simply trying to recreate an existing, and
might
I add very poorly laid out document, as it's driving me crazy!

So what exactly is a 'section break' and when/how should I use it?

"Jezebel" wrote:

yes and no. With judicious use of section breaks and the 'different first
page' and 'different odd/even' settings on File Page Setup Layout,
you
can create different headers and footers to do what you want.

But that said, this is a bad approach. For one thing, readers understand
already about turning the page. You don't need to give instructions about
that. 'Continued next page' is a stupidity on par with 'this page
intentionally left blank'.

"Kamitsukenu" wrote in message
Hi there,

I'm trying to create a Footer saying "Continued" and the header on the
next
page to say

"Page n
Quotation continued" where n is the page number, but only where there
is
more than one page; if there is only one page I'd like it to be blank.

Can this be done?

Thank you!

John