Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Problem with label alignment

There are a number of possibilities -

1. A header/footer in normal.dot. Check by running Word in its safe mode
(hold the CTRL key whilst starting).
2. Check that there is no scaling option set in the file print dialog.
3. Check that the paper size in the print driver and page settings match.
4. Some printers are poor with label handling allowing slippage as the paper
passes through the print path. Clean the rollers.
5. HP has historically produced some lousy drivers - see if there is an
update for yours at http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/

Mandy wrote:
I have a number of users, who find that when they print labels the
addresses "slip" so that by the end of the page the last line or
sometimes last 2 lines of the address appear on the label below. I
have connected some pcs to printers directly using their IP address
therefore bypassing the print server. This did not solve the label
issue but it did solve the inability of some users to print landscape!

We are using Office 2003 with an NT4 print server.
We are also using Avery brand labels not a generic make.
All printers are HP

Can anyone shed any light?