Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default calculating dates in a Word form

As Doug says it is easier to use a macro run on exit from a field to insert
a required date, but it is also possible to use the numeric value from the
dropdown field in the datecalc calculation. If we assume that the Dropdown
field with the delays is bookmarked Dropdown1, set its calculate on exit
check box and in the datecalculation use {SET Delay { REF Dropdown1 }}

Silfver wrote:
Concerning dates in Word Form and DateCalc 'tutorial':
Is there a way to call forand use the value from a form DropDown List
Box instead of use the SET Delay xx value in the field code given in
DateCalc examples?

/Silfver

*****

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Though my fellow MVPs have pointed the way, you might like to insert
the date from a calendar - see
http://www.gmayor.com/popup_calendar.htm

mbrancheau wrote:
Is there a way I can insert a date into a form field, and then have
that date update other, different dates? Specifically, I want the
people using my form to insert a project due date, then the form
will populate a timeline of different dates based on the due date
for when the steps of the project need to be completed.

Thanks!