Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Hyperlink Preview

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 15:21:00 -0800, SESmith
wrote:

I am wondering if there is a way to hyperlink to a picture (such as a visual
reference of a tool) and allow the reader to have a preview box (much like a
screen tip) appear, so that the reader doesn't need to actually goto the
hyperlink destination. Essentially, I would like to hover my mouse over a
tool name and have a thumbnail picture of the tool float above the tool name.
Is this possible?

Not literally, no. The mouseover (technically, the tooltip) of a
hyperlink in Word is limited to text only.

If the target of the hyperlink is to a picture that will never change,
then take a thumbnail of the picture (using a graphics editor such as
IrfanView, www.irfanview.com, make a reduced copy about 32 pixels on a
side) and insert the thumbnail into the Word document. With the
thumbnail selected, press Ctrl+K to open the Hyperlink dialog and fill
in the address and the display text (which is the tooltip). The
picture itself will be the clickable hyperlink.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman