Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default headers are not printing out

Unless you've got section breaks, there is only one header (the one that
appears on the first page). Any page number (field) you put there should be
appearing on every page. If you like, shoot me a portion of the problem doc,
and I'll have a look.

"nickill" wrote in message
I've just noticed a new problem. When I insert page numbers from the h/f
toolbar, I begin with the first page (of several hundred) and all is well,

on
that page. The remaining headers are not numbered. I tried starting with
different pages but the cursor shot back to the header on the first page.
This is a first. The problems seem to be deepening. Do I need to
uninstall/install the office and printer programs? Would rather not, but

if
necessary, will.

"nickill" wrote:

Apologies in advance for what will be a simple question for you. I am

unable
to get headers or footers to print out. I have followed directions on

all of
the help menus. The text appears in the header/footer in exactly the

fashion
I want. It shows up on the preview page, but when I actually print,

nothing
shows up. I will say that on a couple of occasions when doing the trial

and
error thing, the text in the header/footer appeared. I really would
appreciate any info from anybody. Walk me through it like I'm a twelve

year
old. (I'm not)