Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Default headers are not printing out

This means it displays on the first page only.
You can copy its contents and paste where it says header on the next page,
in which case it will appear on subsequent pages (at least until a section
break).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"nickill" wrote in message
Mr. Kenyon: Yes, the header on the first page is labelled 'first page
header.' Thanks for jumping in. Any and all help is appreciated.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Breaking in in the middle of the thread....
Is the header on the first page labelled "First Page Header?"
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"nickill" wrote in message
I've just noticed a new problem. When I insert page numbers from the
h/f
toolbar, I begin with the first page (of several hundred) and all is
well,
on
that page. The remaining headers are not numbered. I tried starting
with
different pages but the cursor shot back to the header on the first
page.
This is a first. The problems seem to be deepening. Do I need to
uninstall/install the office and printer programs? Would rather not,
but
if
necessary, will.

"nickill" wrote:

Apologies in advance for what will be a simple question for you. I am
unable
to get headers or footers to print out. I have followed directions on
all
of
the help menus. The text appears in the header/footer in exactly the
fashion
I want. It shows up on the preview page, but when I actually print,
nothing
shows up. I will say that on a couple of occasions when doing the
trial
and
error thing, the text in the header/footer appeared. I really would
appreciate any info from anybody. Walk me through it like I'm a twelve
year
old. (I'm not)