Nancy Lorieau

Default Word 2003 Crashing - Documents Corrupt?

Word is crashing on me and it appears to have something to do with my
document links. The phenomenon appears to generalize through ALL my word
documents.

Circumstances -- I work with long documents (300 - 500 pp) and I use styles
to build a TOC and Table of Figures. I also build extensive indexes
(indices). When a document is finished, I compile it in Acrobat using the
macros available in Word.

This phenomenon appeared - disappeared briefly - and is back.

Recent system events:

- Applied most recent XP Pro Service Pack.

- Applied recent Office 2003 Service Pack.

- Updated my McAfee Internet Suite.

- Outlook 2003 spell checker stopped working at about the same time.

Any and all help will be appreciated. I'm really desperate. Thousands of
finished pages are at stake.

Nancy