Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007: insert object from file, display as icon

Hi S.D,

The icon is a .WMF graphic created on the fly by Office. It uses an underlying system font (usually Tahoma) to create the two line
text for the icon and that limits the #of caption characters that appear to be around 30 some, depending on spacing and characters
with a default size of 8pts)

Off hand, I don't recall if the setting is accessible to allow you to change the font for that feature. It may be related to the
Window metrics used in various places for captioning rather than just in Office.

"SD" wrote in message ...
When inserting an object from file, displaying as an icon, my filename
appears below the icon but it is truncated. If i try to drag the resize
handles of the ison, the icon and text simply stretch. How do I show the
full filename below the icon?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP