Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Arnie Arnie is offline

Default Auto-capitalizing the first word of a sentence/line

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
This is under Tools, Options, AutoCorrect: just clear the check
box for Capitalise the first word of a new sentence.
Alternatively, if you only input like this occasionally, you
can use the Undo command (Ctrl+Z) as soon as it happens.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

Thanks TF. I'd say the UI isn't too well organized. Naturally,
I looked under Tools-Options. Tools-Autocorrect Options wasn't
visible until the collapsed menu expanded. Oh well, I learn
something every day ;-)

- Arnie