Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Leaders not consistent in list of figs in word 2007

Okay, so we're dealing with a hanging indent (and I wasn't thinking clearly,
either). By default, Word sets a tab stop at the hanging indent position.
This can be an issue in a short first line but shouldn't be on the second.
If the problem isn't solved by selecting the text and pressing Ctrl+Q, then
I would guess the problem is another tab stop to the right of the short bits
of text (but left of the one where the page number belongs). This isn't a
problem with long titles but will be with short ones (or short runover
pieces of ones). The ruler should show you whether there are any extraneous
tab stops.

"Dana R." wrote in message
I want to rephrase my response. The captions are long and lap over onto a
second line. There is a first line, then an indent on second line
followed
by maybe 1-2 words of caption, then a single tab symbol (right arrow),
then
the page
number, but no line of periods (leader?). I hope this is more articulate.

"Dana R." wrote:

Yes, sort of, they are long captions which run from previous line, I have
first line indent and a single tab symbol (right arrow), then the page
number, but no line of peiods (leader?) I appreciate your swift response.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are the items with no leader very short ones?

"Dana R." Dana wrote in message
news I read post "page No.s for TOC level-1 won't align..." and it was
helpful,
but not quite. I have inconsistent leaders in List of figures when I
insert
Table of figures. Set Leader tab as needed for margin, but out of 9
items
(tables) listed I have three that have no leader, just as Lisa H
described.
I have repeatedly reset the tabs and checked right margin tab but
cannot
get
software to give me leaders on all items in list. Please help.