Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get Word 07 to stop asking if i want to save every docume

Suzanne

I thought that repagination caused the document to dirty when printed. If
you open the document and close it without printing, it won't dirty unless
there were fields in the H&Fs that needed updating on opening. Is this
wrong?

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Only if there are fields to be updated, however (and Update Fields is
checked in the Print Options). Even when Update Fields is not enabled,
there are some fields that Word updates automatically when printing, and
these include all fields in the header and footer. But this update does
not necessarily dirty the document.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Unfortunately, you cannot. This is because when you print the document it
is repaginated for the selected printer (necessary because every printer
is different), so the document is marked as dirty and Word prompts you to
save the changes.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"CBPEDICARE" wrote in message
I use Word 07 together with another program (one that uses it to print
documents). After Word 07 opens the document and I quickly print it, I
close
it immediately. Is there a way to get Word 07 to stop asking me "Would
like to save this document before closing it?" (I never do). Thanks!