Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Word 2003 Dictionary Language

Hi ?B?TXVuZ01hbg==?=,

I have a doccument that I wrote in English and how for some reason when I try
to spell check it my system is using a French dictionary. I checked MS Office
2003 Language Settings and the only enabled language is English (US). I had
this problem once before and accidentially figured out how to change the
dictionary back to English but cannot recall how I did it?

Have you tried Ctrl+A, then Tools/Language/Set language, choosing English?

And while you'rein this dialog box, check if the "Detect language automatically"
checkbox is activated? If it is, that would/could explain how you ended up with
French.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org