Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Change default zoom?

You can intercept the commands for inserting footnotes and endnotes with
macros. The following simple code should do the job:

Sub InsertFootnote()
Dialogs(wdDialogInsertFootnote).Show
If ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdMasterView Or _
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView Then

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom = 120

End If
End Sub

Sub InsertFootnoteNow()

Selection.Footnotes.Add Range:=Selection.Range
If ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdMasterView Or _
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView Then

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom = 120

End If
End Sub

Sub InsertEndnoteNow()
Selection.Endnotes.Add Range:=Selection.Range
If ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdMasterView Or _
ActiveDocument.ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView Then

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom = 120

End If
End Sub

Place the macros in an add-in, or in normal.dot. If you need assistance, see
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"grammatim" wrote in message
The text is 12 pt., the footnotes are 10 pt. I'm in Normal rather than
Page view because Word2003 insists on "repaginating" after just about
any operation, which takes several seconds. I would like my footnote
pane to open at 120% rather than 100% -- I don't want to change my
footnotes to 12 pt. because I want to know where my page breaks really
are.

Is there any way to reset the footnote zoom? (The footnote pane goes
away whenever I add a Comment, and I have to change its zoom again,
and there isn't even a 120% in the zoom menu, so I have to type it
each time.)

Thank you.