Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LIOTB LIOTB is offline

Default Word 2007 not installing correctly

Mr. Mayor,

I have tried these things, several times. I have installed and reinstalled.
It keeps asking me if I have typed in the file path correctly and then shows
it to me. Also, the desktop context menunewdoes not have a Word document
option. Then the icons are not right for the normal Word documents.

Any other help would be great.

LIOTB

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Repairing the program should fix the registry entries that are causing the
problems relating to file association. The program is almost certainly not
'broken' - it is the file association in the registry that is incomplete.
First see how to re-register Word when problems crop up opening files
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ReRegisterWord.htm and if that doesn't
fix it select a document in Windows Explorer, right click and choose Open
with...

From the ensuing dialog select Word (winword.exe) and check the box to
always open with this application.

LIOTB wrote:
Ms. Blom,

I did that many times. I didn't find any problems. Besides I wouldn't
trust it anyway. Why would a broken program fix or find another
broken program, since the suite was installed together. (Suite Office
Pro 2007)

Aaron

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Try repairing the installation, via Office button | Word Options; in
the Resources category, click Diagnose and follow the instructions.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LIOTB" wrote:

I have vista 32bit and Word 2007
When I install word:
1. the icon/short cut in the desktopright clickNewWord Document
is not there.
2. Then the regular Word Icons (in folders, on the desktop) don't
look right.
3. Then when I try to open a word document by clicking it's icon an
error message pops up and saying, that the file path was wrong and
gave the file path. It opens just a blank document where in I have
to go to open files and search for and open the document I want
within the word document itself.

I have reinstalled many times and I get the exact same 3 things. I
cleaned my registry and uninstalled and turned off ALL my
antivirals software.

What do I do to fix this? Thank you.

LIOTB