Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Why doesn't page layout view display the whole page?

From the Tools menu, select Options and then go to the View tab and in the
"Print and Web Layout options" section of the dialog, check the box for
"White space between pages (Print view only)"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pdt" wrote in message

"mikeb" wrote:

When I open a new document in Word 2003, in Print View, the horizontal
ruler
displays the margins as blue areas and the entire 8.5" width of the page
is
shown, but the vertical ruler displays only the working area, without the
margins. So I'm left with a disconcerting display that's almost square
(8.5"
wide x 9" tall).