Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default How do I put a word at the end of a mail merge field?

Hi Kandy,

To do this:
.. select your «Age» mergefield and press Ctrl-F9 to wrap a new field around it, thus:
{ «Age» }
.. type '=' and '\# "0yrs;;"' in the new field, thus:
{=«Age» \# "0yrs;;"}
.. press F9 to update the field
.. run your mailmerge

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"kandy1216" wrote in message ...
I have a word document that I want to use with excel in a mail merge.

In one of the columns, I want to have the word years after the number data
is put in the table, ie. 6 yrs. How do I set up the mail merge excel
document so that yrs. will print after each number? Someone thought I should
use a comma after the mail merge field but then the comma showed up with the
word years. If I put yrs. in each row after the field, then yrs. shows up
when there is no record in that particular row.

Hope you can understand what I am trying to say! Thanks for any help.